One of my most favorite shows (of all time) is Will & Grace. If I could turn back time, I would give almost anything to see that show back on the air. And one of my most favorite scenes in that show is when Jack tries to imitate Cher:
Funny, right? Well, the line from that song is what has brought me here today. I have been asked to consider what would I do/say to the Jasminne of March 2013? If I could turn back time, what advice would I give that girl?
To be honest, I had to do some digging through my Facebook to even find out what THAT Jasminne was doing with herself at the time, and what I found was actually quite awesome.
You see, THAT Jasminne was happy, healthy and whole (mostly). I was going to yoga on a regular basis, meditating daily and taking time to enjoy life like I hadn't been able to do in years. It was pretty awesome. But, if I COULD go back in time and tell her a few things, here's what I'd say:
1. Enjoy doing yoga and feeling super. In a few months you will begin having some of the worst chronic pain yet, and all of this will be impossible. Be more thankful for the parts of you that work.
2. When you are suffering through pain, don't try to be a hero about it. It will only make your life more miserable. Ask for help, take pain meds, rest when you need it and get your ass to a doctor ASAP.
3, Yeah, that baby you're trying so desperately to conceive? Ain't gonna happen this year either, so just forget about it and enjoy the blessings you do have. When the timing is right, you will get pregnant.
4. When your book is published you will feel elated. ENJOY THE HELL OUT OF IT.
5. Becoming a mother isn't going to make you "enough." You ARE enough already. You are not broken. You don't need fixing. Having a baby will not complete you. Revel in your accomplishments. Love your husband. Take care of yourself and enjoy the ride.
6. Finally, that "inner light" your yoga teacher keeps talking about? It's not about letting it shine when there is no darkness, (there will always be dark days) it's about shining in spite of it.